Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Google Map Assignment

Shakespeare!  It's surprising how much my students like Shakespeare after they get past the, "Why is they talkin' funny?" stage.

So, if I had a really advanced group of kids, I'd like to do a research project with them.  I would like them to choose a Shakespeare play, and research the time and place in which the play is set.  To get students started, I'd give them a copy of this handy map I've created (as a class assignment, you've probably guessed, you clever reader you).


View Settings of Shakespeare's Plays in a larger map


It has many of the locations of the plays marked.  Plays that have more than one major setting are color coordinated.    Each location is labeled with the play and time period in which the play was set.  Hopefully it would help engage students in the project and help them select a location to research in more depth.  If you zoom out, you should be able to see all of the marks at once. 

No comments:

Post a Comment